Orcworm.co.uk
Underground City? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Cities and Projects (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Underground City? (/showthread.php?tid=156)

Underground City? - Chazdude42 - 12-06-2011

I realised that, however huge the mines under my zone are, I will evenutally run out of things to dig so I was thinking of turning it into an underground city.

I was thinking about 100gil plot prices with 8 block heights and about 10x10 plot sizes.

Anyone interested?

Edit: I also need a name for my new city so any ideas would be appreciated Big Grin

RE: Underground City? - PureCraft - 12-06-2011

Oh not again...

RE: Underground City? - Baldymoint7 - 12-06-2011

An underground City? Are you serious?

Well first of all it will take a long time to make,
its a shitty idea, and its been done before by PureCraft.

So really, I'd just make a normal above-ground city.

RE: Underground City? - Ciphon - 12-07-2011

Sky cities are cool.

RE: Underground City? - lolyounoob1 - 12-07-2011

Well, purecrafts city could of been good, if someone had done something with it. I say if you make the underground city nice, not shitty or cramped/hollowed out cube, it should look good.

RE: Underground City? - Chazdude42 - 12-07-2011

So far its a massive network of abandoned mineshafts, 2 ravines and some open areas where two mineshafts were close so i broke through.

Also, an above ground city could work as my zone is in a mountain range, i'll think more about it but i will probably wont end up doing anything as there is about 10-12 more hours of mines to dig through before I'm gonna let people live there anyway...

Also, just because PureCraft failed doesn't mean I would too ;)

RE: Underground City? - Freddy705 - 12-07-2011

(12-07-2011, 01:12 PM)chazdude42 Wrote: So far its a massive network of abandoned mineshafts, 2 ravines and some open areas where two mineshafts were close so i broke through.

Also, an above ground city could work as my zone is in a mountain range, i'll think more about it but i will probably wont end up doing anything as there is about 10-12 more hours of mines to dig through before I'm gonna let people live there anyway...

Also, just because PureCraft failed doesn't mean I would too ;)

the only attepmt of that was by me, with the mines of moria, which whould have turned out great too! id it wasnt for my greed for cash at that moment Tongue I will for certain join the design and work for this kind of city.

I vote yes to build it, if we get some gillies and ofc some workers to work for gillies Tongue (iam not diggin this whole shit out again WITHOUT power pick)

RE: Underground City? - onlinerocker - 12-08-2011

*Cougheccocough*
Oh and, Ikr Ciphon?
<3 Sky City

RE: Underground City? - sieve - 12-08-2011

(12-08-2011, 02:29 AM)onlinerocker Wrote: *Cougheccocough*
Oh and, Ikr Ciphon?
<3 Sky City

when you stopped playing, I stole all your diamonds

RE: Underground City? - GoDjMike - 12-08-2011

Just a note Chaz, that "little" zone of yours is covering up a few people's homes xD

RE: Underground City? - Chazdude42 - 12-08-2011

It's just one persons home I think, I was going to politely ask said person to move out when i see him next but i can honestly say I've never seen him online o.O

RE: Underground City? - Koalajo - 01-13-2012

(12-08-2011, 07:49 AM)Chazdude42 Wrote: It's just one persons home I think, I was going to politely ask said person to move out when i see him next but i can honestly say I've never seen him online o.O

I am all for this project. Count me in.

I have already built a town with a mob grinder, so gil and exp(for efficiency and unbreakable picks) will be a guarantee. I have a fair amount of time to work, and I am currently rather bored on the server. It would be great for a project. I wont ask for pay if I could be one of the town owners or something. I like the plot pricing idea, but also you should charge more for mining extra space up.

RE: Underground City? - Ciphon - 01-13-2012

Holy-freaking-necro grasshopper

RE: Underground City? - PureCraft - 01-13-2012

Holy Homework Batman!

RE: Underground City? - Chazdude42 - 01-16-2012

As a note, I got bored making this and ended up just exploring the tunnels instead.

The Underground city project has been stopped now.