Orcworm.co.uk
Want something to do? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Want something to do? (/showthread.php?tid=1692)

Want something to do? - Freddy705 - 04-10-2012

Yea you read the Thread Subject right.

I need your ideas, and structures!
I have been working on a new project, which sadly isn't related to Orcworm's servers, but i think this will have a major breakthrough.

Ever played Puzzle and parkour maps? Like Prison Break, Dreamscape the labyrinth of doom? Well this is the exactly same deal. I have planned/planning to make one of the most awesome parkour/puzzle maps.

Average playtime through this hell of a maze, will be (hopefully) not minutes but hours! With the abillity to save on checkpoints so you can start there if u fail once. Everything will be carefully thought through.

I need everything you can give me. The easy and cool thing with this, is that you can just make the puzzle/parkor/redstone circut/everything in singleplayer and just send me the map.

"What do i get out of this" is probably what you think now. Well what you get is to have something THAT YOU BUILT, on a map that many will play through. Also those which choose to share their work, will also have a spot in "the hall of fame" where your ingame name will be displayed, and you get all the credits you want to.

Note: IF you DON'T want to be in the hall of fame, and instead be anonymous, just tell me.

Also if you want to, please leave a comment below on things to add to the map. Also i ask everyone to PLEASE don't leave unnecessary comments.

Also to mention, the maps "theme" is "Abandon fortress" almost like Nerothedarklord's Fun house.

Thanks if you read to the end, if interested contact me within these:

Steam: Freddy705
PM: Here at forums
Mail: freddy705@msn.com (prefer if you choose one of the others)

(I feel very sorry if you think i am bad in the language of English, but i try my best.)

List of things needed in the spoiler

[spoiler=Things needed for the Map]
A big skeleton head/skull with a open mouth. At least so big that you can walk through the mouth.

A name of the map (don't need it yet)

more clever traps (note: you must be able to get through the trap, not instant death traps)

[/spoiler]

RE: Want something to do? - Xzeddicus - 04-10-2012

Can i please make the skeleton head

I promise it will be good

RE: Want something to do? - Freddy705 - 04-10-2012

(04-10-2012, 07:55 PM)xzeddicus Wrote: Can i please make the skeleton head

I promise it will be good

do as you wish send me the whole world folder, when your done

recommend using mediafire to upload

RE: Want something to do? - Paradox74 - 04-11-2012

Ill see what I can do with some redstone and/or traps, any thing in particular? (like the one I made when building the labyrinth?) also will this be a single player map or multiplayer?

RE: Want something to do? - Freddy705 - 04-11-2012

(04-11-2012, 01:05 AM)Paradox74 Wrote: Ill see what I can do with some redstone and/or traps, any thing in particular? (like the one I made when building the labyrinth?) also will this be a single player map or multiplayer?

this will be a singleplayer map available for download at minecraftforums.

I can say that we have one trap with a hidden lever to activate pistons which then makes gravel fall to make stairs to a hidden path.

We got a huge room with atleast 50 levers. 4 of them which activate and opens a door. Only way to find out which is to listen for the tunes from the noteboxes.

We got one room where the floor dissapears underneeth your feet so you need to sprint if not you fall into lava = dies.

Also we got a room with presurepad triggered labyrinth. Same deal as the pistons with gravel, just that after a time when you walked on the presurepad the laybrinth itself falls down from the roof and in the room before u got a map explaining the way. Also it is added sidepathes to make it harder.

And my personal favorite a underwater maze, which you need to swim very fast adn the right way, if not you drown.

thats all i can say, but we got a path with parkour and we got some rooms where the lever to activate a door is hidden behind a certain block which is the only one you are available to destroy.

Planning on adding point system with the experience orbs.

good luck and hope you will support by helping me/us to add more of your works

RE: Want something to do? - The_Music_Man - 04-11-2012

I HAD an old mod with a chem of a good, re-useable skeleon head, i'll try to find it again.

RE: Want something to do? - Chazdude42 - 04-11-2012

I'd love to help, I'm pretty sure I can make anything with enough redstone, I'm especially good at secret doors and button-combination doors, give me a shout of you need my assistance Smile

RE: Want something to do? - Freddy705 - 04-11-2012

(04-11-2012, 06:40 AM)Chazdude42 Wrote: I'd love to help, I'm pretty sure I can make anything with enough redstone, I'm especially good at secret doors and button-combination doors, give me a shout of you need my assistance Smile

If* Yes i need everything i can, if you can send me with pm som good ideas for puzzle/traps etc i whould be happy