Orcworm.co.uk
New chaos general information and Notes - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New chaos general information and Notes (/showthread.php?tid=2043)

New chaos general information and Notes - Krios101 - 05-27-2012

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so for all those involved in chaos and for the new players who want to play I advise reading all of it.

Hero we go Big Grin

*Cue cheesy fantasy intro*

Many ages ago in the lost Era before the dominion of man there lied a single continent; Pangea, It unified the land and all the races that existed peacefully in it's haven.
Yet one day an event of great cataclysm occurred fragmenting the great continent and all the races that dwelled within scattered running from the great evil
that was unleashed.

Many generations later the descendants of those who came before have returned to claim the land for their own.
Through skirmishes and age old tensions, and the acts of single beings of a entire race drove all the races of
Atmora to once single inevitability; war. Yet for these tensions to come sparked alight a flame must be brought to the splint…

The tapestry of life for those who exist in this world obey it's intricate weave yet for each tapestry a
spinner or spinners must be it's artist….

That is the short story intro which is part a small part of the larger lore myself (krios) have made for the chaos server. I have made backstories for most of the 4 races
there is and I will be finishing the stories over the next week or so. Anyway onto the
meat and potatoes Big Grin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background Information:

In the past chaos has been where we took the rule book and tossed it into a pitiless void (mostly).
Yet It always ended up the same way with the major dominating factions ruling all and obsidian bases cubes
took the fun out of raiding with inevitability leading to little to no enjoyment after coming from maybe
a few weeks up to a month with little enjoyment being gained.

After this in january it was decided to reinvent chaos to a drastically new formation keeping to the old values of chaos true. Whilst this has come to some sacrifices
with a small leash that had to be used to rein in the anarchy which was enjoyable but I can assure you
chaos still holds true to its origins and core values, with just some new changes and a new way of doing things.

Some of the new things we have added to revolutionise how we play chaos is and some important
points about what we are doing, Read all of it this stuff Is IMPORTANT:

Code:
- 4 Major factions which are races vying for control of Atmora  consisting of the Orcs, Elves, Human and Dwarves each with their own backstories which give their own reasons for fighting the other races and they are all intertwined with each other so you will have a reason to fight the other races

- Heroes is now being used instead of Mcmmo since the latter plugin is getting old and a new refreshing experience will be brought with the use of heroes and contrary to popular belief heroes is actually relatively simple to use and much more fun for all the same with a more in-depth experience and progression which will be much better than last time.

- The racial spawn is a safe haven for new players to retreat to but not to where they can stay for indefinitely where for ALL players will have to venture out of their spawn territory to enact in raid, pvp and all those activities which ties into that will only be allowed to occur outside the spawn areas for each race and not inside the spawn zones.

- Regarding chests, there will be only one chest allocated per plot in each race spawn which will be pre placed by the faction leaders in certain locations and chests will be unable to place inside the race spawn but outside of it you will be able to place them, but not the neutral spawn where all new players spawn in. Plots are to be only awarded to those players who are deemed to be a credit to their own faction which will be judged by the respective faction leaders and each race leader will judge those players in turn.

- There will be Special events which will occur which will lead to players being able to earn loot and experience and all I can say at this time is that they will be unique events and some very special stuff included.

-  The classes for Heroes will be all balanced and have their own strengths with incentives to play them.

- Hopefully we will be able to have dynamic events based on a story I might be able to enact on the server.

- Item based trading economy Wont be available on launch since the inclusion of item trading we ran into some problems on that front and we decided to leave it on the back burner for addition in the future.

- There will be no 'true' peace between the 4 major factions to keep the factions at war with each other but that is open to interpretation within reason...

- There is a cool down on the /spawn command so it will not be abused and faction home swell.

- (Space reserved for Future points that may be added)

In the future we might be able to add special features and events which will bring more fun to the server but
I will remain quiet on that front which will remain a good surprise for the players.

Take some time to watch the trailer to get a look at the bases we have made for each of the races…

(The trailer was made over a week ago and a lot has
changed for the bases but this is a small representation of stuff
that has been edited on for perfection).

Also joining the races is fairly simple please note that most of these threads are months old and
haven't been updated recently despite personal request from myself but if they do get updated ( A NOT SO SUBTLE HINT HINT!!)
I will update the links. Just leave your names in the faction you want to join and it will be as simple as :p.

We also have our own subsection in the forums here:
http://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=25

Code:
- ALso I will be answering most questions people will have send them to me on this thread or via PM's.

- Yet we might be getting a actual website done for this if we can.

- And one final note we hope to launch this server on june 1st BUT this might be changed IF we get any problems that might come up on the launch day or prior to it.

- Also I will be posting an giving stories to all the races when I am done writing them up.

- Anything else you can ask me via PM or ask me (krios) on here in this thread :P

~krios~

Edit: I will post pictures when I can but for now my print screen function is messed up so not now >< (fail)[/size]

(Edit2: Tried some formatting changes to make i Readable thought my first foray into this since I just copied and pasted it over from pages I hope It looks alright just let me know if anything else could be done)

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - charles471 - 05-27-2012

Continental drift

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Krios101 - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 10:56 PM)charles471 Wrote: Continental drift

>story originality Q.Q

Using my imagination to make stories interesting.

Also Kudos to freddy705 for doing the formatting to make the post easier to read and less of an eye ache for us all nice one :p

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Freddy705 - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 11:25 PM)Krios101 Wrote:
(05-27-2012, 10:56 PM)charles471 Wrote: Continental drift

>story originality Q.Q

Using my imagination to make stories interesting.

Also Kudos to freddy705 for doing the formatting to make the post easier to read and less of an eye ache for us all nice one :p

ikr

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Ryoman - 05-27-2012

Sounds sexy but any chance you could make the IP public before the launch so we are ready ahead of time?

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Freddy705 - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 11:39 PM)Ryoman Wrote: Sounds sexy but any chance you could make the IP public before the launch so we are ready ahead of time?

will do when we are aware of which ip it will be, the ip changed under setup of chaos so maybe we change it back idk yet

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Krios101 - 05-27-2012

(05-27-2012, 11:39 PM)Ryoman Wrote: Sounds sexy but any chance you could make the IP public before the launch so we are ready ahead of time?

I am not entirely sure on what freddy will say about that so you will have to ask him on that front but for now the i.p will remain Hidden for now since we are conducting tests so everything runs as smoothly as possible.

Edit: Damn you freddy Ninja'd me :p

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Paradox74 - 05-29-2012

Will there be a formal post with all the rules in it, much akin to the way the main server rules are?

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Freddy705 - 05-29-2012

(05-29-2012, 12:59 AM)Paradox74 Wrote: Will there be a formal post with all the rules in it, much akin to the way the main server rules are?

Allright its time. Watch the general thread

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - ragequiter64 - 05-29-2012

Hey is the server going to be up before June first for donators of Orcworm so some people have head starts on getting ready.

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Killerdonkey - 05-29-2012

Fred what was the last building in the trailer?

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - chobycro - 06-02-2012

ayone can give me a IP adress?

RE: New chaos general information and Notes - Krios101 - 06-02-2012

(06-02-2012, 11:29 AM)chobycro Wrote: ayone can give me a IP adress?

I.P is

Orcworm.co.uk:27019