Orcworm.co.uk
Fixing the economy - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fixing the economy (/showthread.php?tid=2615)

Fixing the economy - Jenius20 - 09-02-2013

I have a few suggestions for fixing the economy as its going to get ruined by mob spawners very soon (If it hasn't already)
1. Input money Into the economy in other ways than killing mobs, possibly voting? Or maybe introduce something like mcmmo (disabling some parts) which would introduce something else to do on the server and a new way to get money?
2. Remove ability to pick up spawners, so if people want to mob grind they need to use naturally spawned mob spawners.
3.Give a %chance to pick up spawners(I know there are plugins out there which do this).
4. Limit mobs per chunk somehow?
5.Find a way of getting mob spawned mobs to not give money?

Jenius20

RE: Fixing the economy - Invaders0 - 09-02-2013

You can't keep the economy of a Minecraft server alive for more than a week, and it's a bad idea to try.

RE: Fixing the economy - _Brain_Dead_ - 09-02-2013

(09-02-2013, 12:41 PM)Jenius20 Wrote: I have a few suggestions for fixing the economy as its going to get ruined by mob spawners very soon (If it hasn't already)
1. Input money Into the economy in other ways than killing mobs, possibly voting? Or maybe introduce something like mcmmo (disabling some parts) which would introduce something else to do on the server and a new way to get money?
2. Remove ability to pick up spawners, so if people want to mob grind they need to use naturally spawned mob spawners.
3.Give a %chance to pick up spawners(I know there are plugins out there which do this).

Jenius20

I agree economy gets ruined by getting money from mobs (for example wihe grinded a few days and he has now 27.000gil)
i think the best way to avoid that is just get rid of the money system for mobs

But i disagree on removing the ablity to remove pickup from spawners.
meaby add a new auction system to stimulate more trading like:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/iauction/

RE: Fixing the economy - Invaders0 - 09-02-2013

Auction was removed because people kept crashing the server with it, it also needs to be a 1.6 version o auction, or else it bugs out alot.

RE: Fixing the economy - Jenius20 - 09-02-2013

Mabye have an item as a currency? just an idea, like gold nuggets or something.

RE: Fixing the economy - Invaders0 - 09-03-2013

Thats an even worse idea, TBH.
The economy is fine; it's done this on the other worlds, we're only noticing it because so few people play.

RE: Fixing the economy - MonstaBoi - 09-04-2013

(09-02-2013, 12:41 PM)Jenius20 Wrote: I have a few suggestions for fixing the economy as its going to get ruined by mob spawners very soon (If it hasn't already)

Jenius20
1. mcmmo is a terrible idea. rather than try to add money in a different way, get ways to REMOVE money from the economy with moneysinks like plots, specialty items, purchasable command signs and other things.
2. use suggestion 3. the ability to place spawners is a large part of this server. removing it would negativley affect the playing experience.
3. an okay suggestion
4. too many work arounds and would probably be glitchy as fuck, will probably remove the mobs that you don't want removed
5. if new money never comes into the economy other than from new players or donations, the money will be TOO valuable to be worth trading with.

RE: Fixing the economy - Truz97 - 09-07-2013

I feel like the best way to fix the economy over time is just to set spawned mobs to not drop Gil.

RE: Fixing the economy - Blake - 09-07-2013

Maybe instead of relying on other people to sell stuff, we can, I dunno, actually obtain the resource ourselves?

RE: Fixing the economy - ProjectG - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 09:24 PM)Blake Wrote: Maybe instead of relying on other people to sell stuff, we can, I dunno, actually obtain the resource ourselves?

You mean... TRYING?!

please god no