Orcworm.co.uk
Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Support (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Guides (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2

Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - PureCraft - 12-01-2011

As the title shows i have found a nice way to "fix" minecraft to run better on 64 bit systems. No its not taskmanager stuff but something else i fell over when searching the internet.

OK let me explain step by step

1. At [Desktop] (or anywhere you want) create a new folder. Name the folder for example "Minecraft"

2. Put ur minecraft.exe in the folder you just named "Minecraft".

3. Now right click in ur folder and Create new .txt file (name it what ever you want)

4. Open the .txt file and write this:

@ECHO OFF
"C:\Program files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar "The Path to where your minecraft.exe is. It this cause C:\Users\user\desktop\minecraft\minecraft.exe"

-Xmx2048M = maximum Ram minecraft can use
-Xms1024M = Allocated memory

If you want to be sure this works, press F3 ingame and look at the right side of the screen.

REMEMBER! Double-click the .bat file from now on to use minecraft with higher RAM. When you use the .bat file, minecraft will automatic open. If a black window apear and closes in 1 sec you have written something wrong in the path.

Posted by freddy705
Reposted by PureCraft

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - _Brain_Dead_ - 12-04-2011

if i use that i will get an error for people who also get an error
open cmd as administrator and paste this:

javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms2048m -jar "C:\Users\Rick\Desktop\Minecraft.exe"
NOTE:
u need to change the user name and location

the source wher i got this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLocAju4WR4&feature=related

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - The_Music_Man - 12-05-2011

Don't use this.
It sets your computers usable RAM to the number you enter in for the Minecraft RAM.

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - GoDjMike - 12-05-2011

Not the case for me...

>Derp

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - sieve - 12-05-2011

(12-05-2011, 12:38 AM)The_Music_Man Wrote: Don't use this.
It sets your computers usable RAM to the number you enter in for the Minecraft RAM.

[Image: 1300044776986.jpg]

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - The_Music_Man - 12-05-2011

Thats what it did to me.
It took me 2 months (/slow) to find it.

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - sieve - 12-05-2011

Just to add to this, if you want to increase RAM usage for steam games, right click the game you want to increase, click properties, set launch options and type in -heapsize (however much you want to give) for instance, -heapsize 4750000 gives 4.75 gigs of ram.

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - _Brain_Dead_ - 12-05-2011

(12-05-2011, 12:38 AM)The_Music_Man Wrote: Don't use this.

than u did something bad because the only things this does is allow minecraft to play on 2gb and effrytime u want to play whit 2gb u have to enter it in cmd

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - PureCraft - 12-06-2011

>implying you are not retarded.

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - Giygas - 01-08-2012

Hate to necro threads but since I updated my vid card driver, Minecraft seems to crash more often (out of memory) so I tried this, both ways. I'm 100% sure that both paths are correct but I keep getting this error:

[Image: leerro10.jpg]

Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using Windows 7 32-Bit Home Edition, FYI.

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - Killerdonkey - 01-08-2012

Isn't this for 64 bit?

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - Orcworm - 01-08-2012

32bit Java limits memory allocation to about 1.5gb, so try allocating a max of 1G rather than 2G.

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - Giygas - 01-09-2012

(01-08-2012, 11:18 PM)Orcworm Wrote: 32bit Java limits memory allocation to about 1.5gb, so try allocating a max of 1G rather than 2G.

Already tried that, same error message.

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - Freddy705 - 01-09-2012

(01-09-2012, 08:47 AM)Giygas Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 11:18 PM)Orcworm Wrote: 32bit Java limits memory allocation to about 1.5gb, so try allocating a max of 1G rather than 2G.

Already tried that, same error message.

you also get this error if you have two different Java versions installed (one folder in program files and one in [x86] program files)

My advise is to remove everything Java related, install 64-bit java at this link:
http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

I dont quite remember which of the program files its supposed to be in, but i can check it later. Try it out Thumbsup

(only install it if u got 64-bit system ofc, if not download 32 bit)

RE: Repost: How to increase the RAM usage for Minecraft - Giygas - 01-09-2012

I, for some reason, really had some left over files from an old version. It didn't allow me to remove it though so I tried removing my current version which was Java 7 Update 1 and re-installing Java 6. It seemed like the old files and the new files merged, tried the batch file again and the error appeared again. I then decided to deinstall Java 6 too and install it again. Now it works.