Orcworm.co.uk
Counrty or city? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Cities and Projects (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Counrty or city? (/showthread.php?tid=693)

Pages: 1 2

Counrty or city? - Killerdonkey - 01-10-2012

Well I was reading a book recently called"The Hunger Games" and it was by far one oif the best books I have ever read. I was recently enspired to re create the country featured in the book "Panem" which is practically the United states of America in the future. Panem is split into:

District 1
District 2
District 3
District 4
District 5
District 6
District 7
District 8
District 9
District 10
District 11
District 12
District 13 and
The Capitol.

Judging that each one of these places is a city is the problem. I know that a city on this server is significantly smaller than a real world city Tongue but what would that make a country? If I where to zone a couple of city's (14) and leave a wilderness in between them all it could work. It could still be consciderd Panem but just a free build area. Obiously I would need a sufficient area to fit the needs of each city while they all stayed close together. The themes of the individual citys will be determined by what they are in the book. For example 12= Coal Mining, 4= Fishing and sea food... If you would be able to provide me with a good location or would provide your skills to helo me build this rather large project I would be very gratefull and would fill you in on the theme of each city. To determine who becomes mayor of each of the districts or capitol the person that dedicated there most time to building it would be declared Mayor and would have permission to sell plots in there district. This is applys for each district except 12. I am creating this country as it is at the end of the second book so district 13 will have a complately bombarded surface whilest the actuall city would lie underground. District 12 however would have no city what so ever and I will probably make a sort of shanty town and then let a pack of griefers into it as it was ment to have been fire bombed so smoldering fires would be a great touch. If you have read the books and enjoyed them then you will probably have a good feeling of what I am trying to achieve by making this. I will also require the assistant of a above average redstone enigineer in the close future when I get on to making the Hunger Games stadium, the capitol and some parts of the districts dotted.

This is my first project on this server and probably the biggest one I have ever done within minecraft. I am sure I will enjoy it and plots will sell well when the country/citys have been complete.

Mayor List:

Mudkip: District 1
Onlinerocker: District 13

RE: Counrty or city? - alexasaro - 01-11-2012

Read the Hunger Games. Loved it. But its too fucking big to make on Minecraft.

RE: Counrty or city? - bubba_rocks - 01-11-2012

This idea is amazing

if you start this i will be happy to help with this

RE: Counrty or city? - Mudkip0930 - 01-11-2012

Hunger game = Epic book, Have you read epitaph road? Its futuristic in a bad way, not gonna spoil it tho

RE: Counrty or city? - mspeers - 01-11-2012

I loved the hunger games. If you want to, i have a good location for my farm. It's pretty big, and that could be the farming district, if you wanna make the town by it.

RE: Counrty or city? - onlinerocker - 01-11-2012

This is fucking genius.

RE: Counrty or city? - The_Music_Man - 01-11-2012

Do eet faggot.
I'll try and help, not that I'm not a hater Tongue (I don't have a life, it's true.)

RE: Counrty or city? - bubba_rocks - 01-11-2012

(01-11-2012, 02:09 AM)mspeers Wrote: I loved the hunger games. If you want to, i have a good location for my farm. It's pretty big, and that could be the farming district, if you wanna make the town by it.

This would mean your district would be walled and then a district right next to it, so I hope your ok with that....we would then create a circle with the districts and the capital in the middle...(we gotta add a desert land beside district 12 and have an underground base in it as well)
If you read the books this is what it looked like

If you can't tell, I'm really excited about all this

RE: Counrty or city? - lolyounoob1 - 01-11-2012

Look on the Map we have, and pick out your locations in a isolated area, and draw something up for people to work on.

RE: Counrty or city? - UrMomsMoat - 01-11-2012

May I help killer? I've been needing something to do.

RE: Counrty or city? - Killerdonkey - 01-11-2012

Mmpeers by farming you mean district 11 right? I found a location look at the closest corner to you when you view TGIF map. That could be good as the rivers provide a good means of deprecating the districts and we could partially build 4 on one. If you wish to help can you please post the district you have the most ideas for and if you are the only one tgar likes the said district of you dedicate time to it you will be added to the helper list in the first post with the distruct you have chosen.

****EDIT****

There's and underground between 11 and 13?! And if anyone has any ideas for 13 tell me I was planning on doing a eccennotcem thing but that was made with world edit.

RE: Counrty or city? - Freddy705 - 01-11-2012

(01-11-2012, 12:58 AM)alexasaro Wrote: Read the Hunger Games. Loved it. But its too fucking big to make on Minecraft.

This lawnmower can fly, your agrument is invalid.. if this lawnmower can fly, then we can create that kind of project

RE: Counrty or city? - SergentPineapple - 01-11-2012

I would quite like to help with the arena itself, and I have a brilliant idea for it, what if we built the arena to actually function... players can enter and it doesnt have to be the right ammount it can be like minimum of like 5, and there are secret chests in the map (some people will refill after each game) and the players start in different parts of a map. but isntead of trying to build the inside of the arena just build it around a mountainside with plains and snowy if we can, but make it as natural as possible. and we should make it huge so its players dont just see eachother as soon as they join.
some rules could be no destroying items only use what you find in chests or get from killing mobs. and stuff like that.
It would be great to watch players battle it out over say a prize of 3 diamonds or something.

RE: Counrty or city? - Killerdonkey - 01-11-2012

Serg that's a great idea and the prize could be a house in the victors part of each district. Only have like one tournament ever fortnight or something.

RE: Counrty or city? - nicholsons200 - 01-11-2012

Would each area be 50x50? if so that means you're going to need a huge area (12,000 if i'm right, i'm not very good at maths). Also, if i'm not doing anything i might help.