Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos Race Leader Applications - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Chaos Race Leader Applications (/showthread.php?tid=1076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Chaos Race Leader Applications - Grintendo - 02-02-2012

Recently myself, krios and many others have been working together to sort out the chaos server. Right now it's lifeless and being left to die out in obscurity. But we intend to change that since we are reinventing the way chaos is going to be played.

Right now we have pulling ideas together and we have a fairly good idea of what we want to do but now is the time for electing the leaders and second in commands for each race. We're opening this up to to the general populace of current players and anyone who has experience playing general factions. Whilst this is not mandatory it is preferable for you to have experience so you can take the responsibility for the actions of your race.

Use the following application and PM it to forum account Faction_Application,
Application:

IGN:
Race(s) which you want to lead (Maximum of two): Choose from: Orcs, Elves, Humans, Dwarves.
Any past experience with factions?:
Reasons why you think you would be a good leader for your race:
Anything else:

We will be picking the leaders for each race and those chosen can get a say in who will be their second in command but the final say will be up to Myself, krios and anyone else in the judging process.

The cut off line for applications will be Sunday 5th at 8pm GMT, so there is plenty of time to sort out your applications.

We are hoping to have this all set up in time for 1.2 update when it comes around since the jungle biomes will add an interesting area to explore alongside what we currently have.

Most of the framework is in place and a proper spawn has been made as to reduce the issue of spawn camping.

Sometime in the near future we will have another thread which will include the backstories of each race as so you can make a choice of which race you want to play with a better knowledge of what drives each race and you can make a choice based on that.

Most of the stuff below here is just info about what we have planned so feel free if you are only interested in applying to go write dat PM and ignore the below stuff.

Whilst staying true to the traditional way of playing with factions of raiding and generally stomping on other factions, we intend to open the server up to more players as so they aren't immediately rejected when they ask to join a faction.

Right now we have four major races for you too choose from and this time it's not a simple case of herr derr this faction has most players, me wanna join dis!!. Krios is working on creating a backstory tied to each individual race so it is not simply you attack this race end of, you will have a motive to fight for your race and faction of choosing.

We have an entirely new spawn with a distinctive chaos feel too it and to protect new players and hopefully reduce the issue of spawn camping. Alongside towny we will be building Home structures tied to each race with their own distinct feel and theme to them and this will help to reduce underground obey cubes for bases.

If you want to keep track of what we have planned and see the ideas progress keep tabs on this thread here and also this thread: http://www.orcworm.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=940

(Major thanks to Krios for writing this, as i am busy and unwell! Get applying folks)

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - Faction_Application - 02-02-2012

Send your appo's to me folks (except PC, send those to the recycling bin please).

Don't worry i don't bite.

Much...

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - frostythetoejam - 02-02-2012

Don't mind this post because I cannot read...

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - Grintendo - 02-02-2012

It's in the original post, Krios didn't forget it at all ;p.

Nor would you want to mind this post...

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - Krios101 - 02-02-2012

(02-02-2012, 09:47 PM)frostythetoejam Wrote: My bad didn't see thatOhmy That was actually in there on the Original post Smile

*snip*

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - The_Music_Man - 02-02-2012

Do certain races get certain advantages?
Are there restrictions for the races?

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - TheAndrewTaco - 02-02-2012

Also what are the races?

Sorry about that taco the races are up there I forgot to put them in when typing, and music we intend for each race to have their own unique advantages as we are looking into hopefully using heroes plugin and some creative work with towny to tie in as well but it's stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. :S

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - sieve - 02-02-2012

orc, dwarf, elf, humans

real original

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - Grintendo - 02-02-2012

It's almost as if they're not supposed to be completely original.

No argument.

(02-02-2012, 11:08 PM)sieve Wrote: orc, dwarf, elf, humans

real original

Those are generic names we are using for everything else outside of the lore and backstories I am working on alongside jenius20 and reggae_turtle. It makes referring to them easier instead of using the names for each race I created and so new players can see what type of races they are easily.

It's more to the point I am giving a personality to each race and giving players a reason to fight for the races they choose to be a part of.

If anybody is wondering what might be the next Chaos just check out the thread.

http://orcworm.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=940

RE: Chaos Race Leader Applications - TheAndrewTaco - 02-02-2012

What if they were factions the community made? (i.e. templars, kool kids klan)

(02-02-2012, 11:14 PM)TheAndrewTaco Wrote: What if they were factions the community made? (i.e. templars, kool kids klan)

We want to give people a better incentive to join the major factions as this new one will hopefully based on towny which lends itself more to the more bigger and predominant factions with what we can do, but whilst not entirely stopping smaller factions but for this we recommend that you join up with one of the major factions for the protection and involvement in faction battles that we will hopefully be having.