Orcworm.co.uk
Time when its not a grief? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Time when its not a grief? (/showthread.php?tid=1935)

Time when its not a grief? - THATjuicyLEMON - 05-11-2012

Ive been on the server for about a month and I have noticed there are lots of half griefed, half destroyed abandoned building all around..

Some of which the owner hasn't been on the server in months and some the owners are still currently active but seem to not care about their previous builds.

My question is when would it be ok to take some of these buildings down (uncompleted or destroyed) not for gain or materials but to make the landscape better and more appealing to new players. Basically to clean things up a bit, open some space and restore dirt where there's huge pits etc.

I'm sorry is this has already been discussed, i tried searching for things similar but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Lemon.

RE: Time when its not a grief? - Grintendo - 05-11-2012

In the past admins such as myself did a huge / multiple clear ups of abandoned shacks (mostly around the spawn), but the truth is they just can't be controlled.

I don't see why you can't do this, but the problem is if someone who we/you believe is inactive, turns out to be active and has a slight rage about his home being destroyed ;p.

Other than that, i don't see why not, if you're willing ofcourse Smile.

RE: Time when its not a grief? - Chazdude42 - 05-11-2012

If you're going to do it, get screenshots of before/after and get an admin to confirm beforehand/remove locked doors/chests (some people just leave them and it makes the landscape look worse with random locked stuff)

RE: Time when its not a grief? - Chazdude42 - 05-11-2012

Sounds like a plan, maybe have a template that people can fill out in the requests section and post for an admin to look at and approve/unapprove for records sake.

RE: Time when its not a grief? - THATjuicyLEMON - 05-12-2012

Well what I have been doing is using toolblock to see who the builder is and then using last login to get a idea of how long they have been away. This is one question I was having is should there be an "away from server" time frame where staff can no longer guarantee that your items or build wont be griefed or taken down?

That way if that time cap was lets say.. 30 days since last login people could screen shot this in lastlogin command and then screen shot what property was taken down for appeal purposes if someone logged in after 30 days and seen their build was gone and wanted to complain.

The only down side to this is there is no way to regulate what people take down, for example.. a perfectly built and completed castle that owner had built but then left the server and then someone took it down because they could by this rule.

Idk.. if anything you now know who I am and what i want to do as far this discussion goes. I will take screens and keep records of what I do. Ill be completely respectful and reasonable with this and I hope I dont see yall in the appeal section haha..

RE: Time when its not a grief? - zieve - 05-14-2012

(05-12-2012, 03:16 AM)Jarvisd Wrote: If you build a nice house at 3000,3000,3000 then chances are it will be undisturbed.

That's quite a ways in the air... it'll probably go undisturbed cause it's quite hard to even build that high!

RE: Time when its not a grief? - lolyounoob1 - 05-15-2012

About a month ago I did a pretty large cleanup around my stuff Tongue If the person hasn't been on in 90 days, most likely wont come on. Maybe even 60 days....