Orcworm.co.uk
Religion - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Religion (/showthread.php?tid=2609)

Pages: 1 2 3

Religion - ProjectG - 08-28-2013

This thread will probably get a post from invaders or some other faggot saying something along the lines of "E WHEE HURRRRR" and maybe because i just typed that he's just gonna quote it like he's the coolest mother fucker on the planet-

Invaders aside, Can I make a suggestion to shut the fuck up about religions? Mr. Potato man? The Religion of E? E? The letter fucking E? A fucking POTATO? Is this server going into the toilet that is autism or something?

RE: Religion - Orcworm - 08-28-2013

e

RE: Religion - LuminousMouse - 08-28-2013

I'd love it if people would shut up about the potato religion crap. It's getting too excessive, and even goes to the extent of insulting people of certain religions at times. EX: [spoiler][Image: r1ziid.jpg][/spoiler]

RE: Religion - Boblobster - 08-28-2013

S-so?

RE: Religion - mspeers - 08-29-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlyF0J-H8Ps

RE: Religion - LuminousMouse - 08-29-2013

(08-28-2013, 11:39 PM)Boblobster Wrote: S-so?

What do you mean "so?"?

RE: Religion - Invaders0 - 08-29-2013

E WHEE HURRRRR E WHEE HURRRRR E WHEE HURRRRR

Honestly, I only use E as a joke to other people, and I wasn't the only one.

RE: Religion - Freddy705 - 08-29-2013

In my opinion, people that judge others by religion is the same as racism.

i whould tempban people that does this. Refeering to "Biblefaggot", is "Blackfaggot" og "Negrofaggot" any better?

RE: Religion - Boblobster - 08-29-2013

Racism is far worse, you cannot change your skin colour or nationality, and it says next to nothing about who you really are, making fun of that is completely uncalled for. Insulting a religion is just insulting what someone thinks, if you wanna ban for that then you best start banning every time someone makes fun of someone else for being homosexual, because that's worse.

(08-29-2013, 12:29 PM)Freddy705 Wrote: In my opinion, people that judge others by religion is the same as racism.

i whould tempban people that does this. Refeering to "Biblefaggot", is "Blackfaggot" og "Negrofaggot" any better?

I have the same opinion as you regarding this. The main point here is that the term(s) being used, whether it be a racial OR religious slur, is prejudice.

RE: Religion - Boblobster - 08-29-2013

Prejudice means hate without reason or experience. If you hate religion you are hating a certain set of ideas, which can conflict with your own, so it's more on the level of arguing with someone for their political beliefs, not hating them without reason like when being racist.

Sure you could be there all 'this Bob person is a twat', but here's where I'm coming from: When you are born French, black, a certain sexuality or a certain gender there is nothing you can do to change that and it doesn't show anything about you other than you are French, black, a certain sexuality or a certain gender. If you hate any of those people just for that reason then you are being prejudice.

If however, they say they belong to a certain religion then you can safely assume they accept the 'terms and conditions' following their religion and holy book, and some of those things you may not agree with (for example the whole muslims oppressing women or Christians trying to stop gay marriage). Yeah everyone follows their religion in their own way but identifying as a certain religion shows a lot more about you than anything I mentioned, and you are a lot more likely to have personal views and experience following that religion. If you do not agree with something a religion says you are not being prejudiced against it, you're being critical of it.

I dislike conservatives because as a general rule they're all for making the poor poorer and the rich richer, me being working class and wanting to get to uni with all the raising fees everywhere I think I'm entitled to the view that they're arseholes without it being prejudiced. This is essentially the same as me disliking Christians for as a general rule they oppress homosexuals and are trying to stop them having rights in things that do not personally effect them in any way - this is not a prejudiced viewpoint as there is reason to believe it is true, and there's lots of experience to back it up.

Hating a religion is about as prejudice as hating a political party. Being racist is prejudice almost all the time, because there's no set of rules or requirements they have to follow to be that race other than be born there. With religion you do have to follow these rules if you aren't lying when you identify yourself as a member, else you're going against the religion, so it's not prejudice to disagree with the rules and therefore the person.

TL;DR, religion is a choice, race isn't. Religion should not have any special recognition in the rules as much as insulting someone's political party. If it stays in making fun of gender and sexuality should go in too.

Didn't proof read either, should be fun when other people point out any mistakes >_>.

RE: Religion - Invaders0 - 08-29-2013

So, we've segwayed into this from the fact that idlecreekgangpig has no fucking idea what hes saying I take it?

RE: Religion - Truz97 - 08-29-2013

Yeah you're right, what kind of person would worship a letter?

e

(08-29-2013, 07:26 PM)Boblobster Wrote: [spoiler]Prejudice means hate without reason or experience. If you hate religion you are hating a certain set of ideas, which can conflict with your own, so it's more on the level of arguing with someone for their political beliefs, not hating them without reason like when being racist.

Sure you could be there all 'this Bob person is a twat', but here's where I'm coming from: When you are born French, black, a certain sexuality or a certain gender there is nothing you can do to change that and it doesn't show anything about you other than you are French, black, a certain sexuality or a certain gender. If you hate any of those people just for that reason then you are being prejudice.

If however, they say they belong to a certain religion then you can safely assume they accept the 'terms and conditions' following their religion and holy book, and some of those things you may not agree with (for example the whole muslims oppressing women or Christians trying to stop gay marriage). Yeah everyone follows their religion in their own way but identifying as a certain religion shows a lot more about you than anything I mentioned, and you are a lot more likely to have personal views and experience following that religion. If you do not agree with something a religion says you are not being prejudiced against it, you're being critical of it.

I dislike conservatives because as a general rule they're all for making the poor poorer and the rich richer, me being working class and wanting to get to uni with all the raising fees everywhere I think I'm entitled to the view that they're arseholes without it being prejudiced. This is essentially the same as me disliking Christians for as a general rule they oppress homosexuals and are trying to stop them having rights in things that do not personally effect them in any way - this is not a prejudiced viewpoint as there is reason to believe it is true, and there's lots of experience to back it up.

Hating a religion is about as prejudice as hating a political party. Being racist is prejudice almost all the time, because there's no set of rules or requirements they have to follow to be that race other than be born there. With religion you do have to follow these rules if you aren't lying when you identify yourself as a member, else you're going against the religion, so it's not prejudice to disagree with the rules and therefore the person.

TL;DR, religion is a choice, race isn't. Religion should not have any special recognition in the rules as much as insulting someone's political party. If it stays in making fun of gender and sexuality should go in too.

Didn't proof read either, should be fun when other people point out any mistakes >_>. [/spoiler]

You're correct about what prejudice means, however I don't know how you missed that the term "biblefaggot" implies that an individual is a faggot simply because of their religious beliefs, and nothing more; which IS prejudice. The point is insulting someone just based on their religion is a very personal issue, and could harshly offend a lot of people. Would it be ok with you, Bob, if a new player joins the server, mentions they are of a specific religion, and someone makes fun of them for it causing the new player to quit the server? I see no difference at all in making fun of someone based on their religion and making fun of someone based on their race. Both are judging someone without any other knowledge of who they are or the in-depths of what they think. I'd also like to mention that you're totally wrong for generalizing "all Christians oppress homosexuals" - you should really know more about a religion before you go making assumptions about every person following the religion first.

RE: Religion - Crusher - 08-29-2013

I guess I should give my side too:

I was joking. In my eyes comedy gets a free ride. Rape, racism, religion can all be funny if the jokes are good. I guess the term "biblefaggot" wasn't humerous enough to certain people but it's not like I was trying to make the best joke ever, I guess I forgot the internet was serious business around these parts. If I would've said it in a serious hateful way I would understand people got offended by it but I was probably preaching about my potato god the first time and the second time I was joking about naka's reaction because I was quite surprised he got offended by it.
I won't say "biblefaggot" again but I'm quite surprised people missed the obvious joke.