Orcworm.co.uk
Religion - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Minecraft (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Religion (/showthread.php?tid=2609)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Religion - Boblobster - 08-30-2013

B-but yeah being all angry on forums ain't gonna achieve anything but severe hatred between parties regardless, especially when it comes to things like this noone's gonna be changing their views regardless so there's no point letting it get more heated >_>.

I just wanna come to a compromise, leave religion in the rule fine, just add about sexuality and gender too so it's more fair, rather than carry on flaming. (I mean like even if atheism was a religion it wouldn't make a difference whatsoever, it would just be a classification).
Noone has problems with doing that surely? >_>

If anything an extra rule should be added for never mentioning religion (or politics) ever because it only ever leads to arguments xD. Not so much as a punishable offence, just as a guideline so if you do mention it, you know you dun' fucked up.

RE: Religion - ProjectG - 08-30-2013

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that E was something to avoid..

RE: Religion - Killerdonkey - 08-30-2013

Why is this even on a minecraft forum. I'm pretty sure part if the concept of a video game is to get away from real life problems like war and conflict. Bringing up religion, racism and sexism (which is quite commonly the cause of conflict) because all it is going to do is make multiple people annoyed, upset and angry.

I personally have never heard anyone refer to this "Religion of E" All I know about E is that it is a common joke shared and understood by about 50% of the server. The potatoe religion is just another joke, silly I'll give you that but it's just a joke so why has this thread turned so serious.

RE: Religion - LuminousMouse - 08-31-2013

(08-30-2013, 11:55 PM)Killerdonkey Wrote: Why is this even on a minecraft forum. I'm pretty sure part if the concept of a video game is to get away from real life problems like war and conflict. Bringing up religion, racism and sexism (which is quite commonly the cause of conflict) because all it is going to do is make multiple people annoyed, upset and angry.

I personally have never heard anyone refer to this "Religion of E" All I know about E is that it is a common joke shared and understood by about 50% of the server. The potatoe religion is just another joke, silly I'll give you that but it's just a joke so why has this thread turned so serious.

Okay well, see, when someone in-game brings up a real world problem that causes conflict, or when someone demonstrates racism, sexism, or religious oppression, it's likely to cause conflict in-game, or in the community associated with the game; and that is exactly what happened here.

RE: Religion - Killerdonkey - 08-31-2013

Then I have the solution, ban all talk of the real world Tongue

RE: Religion - LuminousMouse - 08-31-2013

Or we could just do away with prejudice... which we already have, lol

RE: Religion - Crusher - 08-31-2013

Except it's not prejudice if it's a joke.

RE: Religion - Boblobster - 08-31-2013

Or if there's a reason to hate ;P

RE: Religion - IAmNotBaldy - 08-31-2013

The religion of E is a parody religion much like Pastafarian or followers of the Invisible Pink Unicorn except for the fact that we do not believe in a deity, we worship a letter. The symbolic meaning of this letter references to my lag in Teamspeak and other VoIP systems where the only sound I can make out is "E".

I don't see the point in why this has turned into a whole conversation about religion, racism and terms used about both, when OP is only speaking out about how annoying it is to see it in chat or to hear about it, in that case I will personally try restrain myself from using the letter although I cannot say the same so for my followers.

Also if I might add to that, it's about as annoying as seeing the outburst Swedish in chat or any other language for that matter.

RE: Religion - Albuca - 09-01-2013

Or let everyone talk about everything, and just give everyone perms to /mute people so that their messages do not show up in chat.

Problem solved.