Orcworm.co.uk
New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] (/showthread.php?tid=935)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Chazdude42 - 01-25-2012

Those three combined would allow me to single handedly take up all of the RAM on the server.

I love building technical stuff xD

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - The_Music_Man - 01-25-2012

I vote prison server.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - onlinerocker - 01-25-2012

This sounds like a great idea. I wouldn't mind paying for it either.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - PureCraft - 01-25-2012

Would keep out the faggots...

no, scratch that.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Marzu27 - 01-25-2012

this has to happen i have been waiting for this for so long!

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Albuca - 01-25-2012

I'll see what I can do then.

There seems to be enough response from the users that it'll be worth my time setting up.

@Music, if you want a prison server, there are quite a few well established ones. I like the idea of RP,IC,etc. but you never know how things will work out.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - ragequiter64 - 01-26-2012

(01-24-2012, 08:56 PM)Albuca Wrote: I bounced this idea off of Orcworm, but he shot down the idea since it involves client side modifications, and most users don't know how to do this properly.
I on the other hand, think you can.

So I figured I would ask you, the Orcworm community, what your thoughts are on a Minecraft Server with client side modifications.

The proposed modifications include:
IndustrialCraft²
RedPower 2
BuildCraft

... Further plugin's as per user input, and ensuring stability and compatibility with the above plugins.

Plugin Descriptions (AKA why they are awesome):

IndustrialCraft²
[Spoiler]This is it. IC², the future of IC.

While playing it, you will feel right at home again, rediscovering most of the stuff known from IC.

However, once you get your machines running, you will quickly notice how smooth and well-designed everything works now.

Wiring is easier, rechargeable batteries, new cables, rubber stuff, new machines, EVERYTHING was added.

Create obstacle courses of Metal Poles and Rubber-Sheets, explore the Nether with an Electrical Jetpack or blow up whole landscapes at once by using the Dynamite-O-Mote.

Or discover the much more complex mechanisms of Nuclear Engineering, blow up your hut or burn your hands.

Or grab the rusty ol' Composite Vest, and start hunting Creepers with the new, all-mighty NanoSaber.

[Image: 2176741.jpg][/spoiler]
BuildCraft
[Spoiler]Buildcraft is a full featured modification ("mod") for Minecraft that adds automated building, automated mining and automated crafting as well as pipe transport and item sorting to the Minecraft experience.

[Image: 23tjhq9.png][/spoiler]
RedPower 2
[spoiler]Redpower... expands and develops redstone into what it should be!
Integrated Circuits with editable options, redstone wiring that is actually wiring and can be run up walls, on the ceiling.... everywhere!
Too many great features for me to list!

[Image: stratagerms_compact_cobble_generator_side_view.jpg][/spoiler]

More Info:
http://www.eloraam.com/ [REDPOWER 2]
http://minecraftbuildcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_Buildcraft_Wiki [BUILDCRAFT 2]
http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/ [INDUSTRIALCRAFT 2]

Let me know what you think!
(Screenshots aren't mine btw)

-Albuca

WAIT..... when did albuca come back shopuld i be scared

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Chazdude42 - 01-26-2012

(01-26-2012, 12:56 PM)ragequiter64 Wrote: WAIT..... when did albuca come back shopuld i be scared

Is it a personal goal to spell stuff wrong or something or do you just not read what you post?

Also, still waiting for this alby, hurry your ass up and get it done ;)

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Albuca - 01-26-2012

(01-26-2012, 01:12 PM)Chazdude42 Wrote:
(01-26-2012, 12:56 PM)ragequiter64 Wrote: WAIT..... when did albuca come back shopuld i be scared

Is it a personal goal to spell stuff wrong or something or do you just not read what you post?

Orcworm's not on Skype at the moment, so at the moment I am at a standstill until I hear from him.

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - PureCraft - 01-26-2012

He always is on skype, he's just shown as offline...
Fuck your life Orc, you will now get your anus spammed

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - ragequiter64 - 01-26-2012

(01-26-2012, 01:12 PM)Chazdude42 Wrote:

most of the time i spell wrong on purpose some times it is by mistake the should in my last post was a mistake

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - TheAndrewTaco - 01-26-2012

(01-24-2012, 09:04 PM)Ryoman Wrote: I had this same idea a while back, but i involved mods like planes, and whatnot. A server with a Mod for every month would be sweet.

Me gustan mucho.
Seriously tho, that is a good idea.
Edit: i think the technic pack multiplayer would be best as it includes all of those and more Big Grin

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Albuca - 01-26-2012

(01-26-2012, 09:47 PM)TheAndrewTaco Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 09:04 PM)Ryoman Wrote: I had this same idea a while back, but i involved mods like planes, and whatnot. A server with a Mod for every month would be sweet.

Me gustan mucho.
Seriously tho, that is a good idea.
Edit: i think the technic pack multiplayer would be best as it includes all of those and more Big Grin

A. Technic is not updated.
B. IC2, RedPower 2, BuildCraft all are.
C. If planes is compatable, Ill try and add it, same as hot air ballons and that stuff.
D. Alot of these mods are unstabilish, so if they dont work, they get tossed. I will not sacrifice stability for something as redundant as item shelves (as an example)

EDIT: Note for self - Power converter for Buildcraft <--> IC power

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Killerdonkey - 01-27-2012

Wait are we using buildcraft red power or industrial

RE: New Server Idea [Build Craft / Industrial Craft / Red Power] - Albuca - 01-28-2012

(01-27-2012, 08:35 PM)Killerdonkey Wrote: Wait are we using buildcraft red power or industrial

All of the above.